Friday, December 21, 2012

Exclusive first look at 'The Wind is Watching'!

Conrad Faraj is the young director behind last year's 'The Shadow People', which I saw about a year ago. I ended that review with the words: 
I'd like for Faraj to continue his work and show us what more he can do. Because this film, even though it's a little rough around the edges, shows a lot of promise. 
Now it seems like I got my wish. Today Faraj released a poster for his latest film 'The Wind is Watching' just in time for the end of the world. The look is familiar and it reminds me very much of the images we saw in the campaign for 'The Dark Knight'. It's not a bad image to start from and it gives 'The Wind is Watching' a nice apocalyptic vibe.

Aside from the poster I also got to look at the trailer for 'The Wind is Watching'. It promises a dystopian thriller and much like 'The Shadow People' the film features a strong female protagonist. A young woman caught up in the midst of a Second Civil War in the United States of America. It's an interesting concept and the trailer certainly feels like a cross between 'The Hunger Games' and 'Children of Men'. I'm curious as to how our heroine factors into this world and what her story is. You can expect to be able to see the trailer for yourself pretty soon.


4 comments:

  1. Conrad is an amazing director that I am honored to have worked with. I was in this movie and can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trailer is coming out next week, if you want to find out more about the movie you can follow it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thewindiswatching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. They filmed much of this movie right around the corner from my home :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see it, my grandaughter is in it!

    ReplyDelete