Friday, December 2, 2011

A horse is a horse, of course, of course!

Vince here, with a new trailer/cast interview/thingy for one of the most anticipated films of the year. 'War Horse' is an adaptation of Michael Morpurgo's children's novel from 1982. It is directed by Steven Spielberg, whose last film 'The Adventures of Tintin' is still making loads of money in Europe.

From what I've seen of this film it is sure to be very Spielbergian. It is set during the First World War, so I'm pretty sure we'll see echoes of his earlier work on 'Saving Private Ryan'. But the focus of the story is a friendship between a young man and his horse, which shouldn't be too hard for a man who convinced us that a suburban boy can bond with a space alien.

Still I have some reservations, I mean the trailers do seem awfully sweet to me. I'm hoping Spielberg won't shy away from exploring the horrors of this particular war.

No comments:

Post a Comment